Summer Employment: Positions and Current Availability
Join our team! Working for our Alaska fishing lodge is a special and memorable experience. Not only will you build a great skillset with respect to the customer service industry, but you will establish memories and relationships that will inspire your life! To inquire please send us an email at email@example.com or fill out our employment inquiry form below.
Alaska Fishing Guide Jobs
Positions Filled Our lodge hires a core team of 8 fishing guides for the summer season. Our guide team works together to provide a high level of service to our guests on the river. This is a unparalleled experience for a service-oriented individual who has a well-established skillset in both spin and fly fishing. Much training is provided pre-season by lodge management, but all our fishing guides should have basic skills and experience in power boat operation and safety, oaring, spin fishing and fly fishing. Prior guide experience is not necessary, but a good attitude and positive personality is a must! Please see our Alaska fishing guide jobs page for more information.
Main Lodge Worker / Guide Apprentice
Position Filled We hire one lodge worker / guide apprentice each summer. This position offers exposure to many different areas of our lodge operation including customer service, boat driving, float plane unloading, grounds-keeping and dishwashing just to name a few. This position also offers a guide-in-training program and is a great opportunity for those looking to kick off their guide career. Please see our Alaska fishing guide jobs page for more information.
Chef / Culinary & Kitchen Operations
Positions Filled Our chef team is responsible for management of all food service operations. The chef team will also be responsible for cooking and presentation of all meals for guests and staff. Based on the preferences of the chef team, an efficient operational system will be established including employee safety, teamwork, safe food practices, food preparation, proper food storage, cleanliness, professionalism and presentation. Our chefs will also have the opportunity to order necessary items from local vendors, conduct kitchen logistics, learn budgeting techniques, etc. We offer much room for creativity and as owners simply oversee the kitchen operation to assure productivity and minimal stress.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have culinary experience in the classroom and in the workplace
- Must have the ability to interact and work well with others
- Must be cooperative and open to suggestion
- Must be creative and willing to offer suggestions
- Must be positive, happy and enjoy their line of work
- Must have an appreciation for the out of doors and every experience remote Alaska offers
- Must have a knack for customer service, interacting with people, sharing stories, etc.
- Must be able to conduct kitchen operations in an efficient and professional manner
- Must be able to share the kitchen tasks to minimize workload
- Must be enthusiastic about a unique atmosphere that allows for growth and development in the field of culinary arts and restaurant management
Wilderness Place Lodge offers a unique opportunity for culinary art students to gain restaurant managerial experience, hone their gourmet cooking skills, polish their customer service skills and exercise their talents and creativity in an environment like none other. We offer better service and higher quality cuisine than most restaurants in Urban America. Our guests are first-class world travelers and are humble people who have become great friends of all employees in years past.
If Interested, Please fill out our brief online employment inquiry form below: